POWER OF PUSSY: SANDY PATSY SAYS...............

Thursday, August 14, 2008

SANDY PATSY SAYS...............

My favorite part of the book is the worst memory of Peter's
wandering eye. It's the waitress story. In my gut, on that day,
I knew Peter & I would never stay together. I felt so ill, I wanted
to throw up. After that, every time we went out, I would immediately
scan the room for the woman I thought he'd choose to stare at. It
was sick, and I always felt sick. It was my unplanned weight-loss plan.
And yet, I did this for two more years. Why can smart women be
such idiots?
The reason this worst memory is my favorite part is that I want to
remember how awful I felt, the lesson, so I will never be with the same kind of
man again. All I have to do is dredge up the sight of Peter stuffing his
monetary tip into the front pocket of the waitress's apron as I
turned to see what I wasn't supposed to see. That feeling of
anguished horror floods over me to this day if I have to think
about that waitress encounter.
It will be awhile before I ever forget it.
A lesson - although painful - well learned.

5 Comments:

At August 14, 2008 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Chesh said...

I think the title of your book is great. It just is soo funny and it was the first book I told my hubby i wanted that made him look up at me and go...huh?! LOL! Am looking forward to reading it.

Ruby

 
At August 15, 2008 at 9:05 AM , Blogger SANDY PATSY said...

Ruby !
You so get the title !!! We like to call it our comic book of love gone wrong.
Thank you so much for your comment and come back often !
SANDY

 
At August 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

OMG I totally have to read this book! I'm dying over the title. So awesome! I think my husband had about the same reaction as Ruby's did when I told him I had read about a book called Power of Pussy, and that I just had to get a copy. I swear it was a total deer in headlights look. ROTFL

Definitely going to look in to getting my hands on a copy of this one.

 
At September 1, 2008 at 8:00 AM , Blogger SANDY PATSY said...

Rebekah !
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!
You are the winner of my August Lion King contest and your prizes
(eBook and Lion Pin) are on their way.........

 
At September 7, 2008 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Jlynn said...

I love the title of your book. Next payday I'm going to order it and take it to work with me. I work in a male dominated field (county jail) and see what kind of reactions I get jujst fro the guys seeing the title. In reference to Peter and the waitress, he needs professional help. He craves attention and goes about it he wrong way. I eremember one time I met the man I livedwith at a restaurant and he was facing out into the crowd. A lady at the table near us was eyeing him and he was flirting with her while I was stting there acrossed from him. He didn't think I noticed. She was also there with her husband and family (children). I was so pissed I couldn't eat and he knew it. Needless to say I didn't touch or talk to him the rest of the evening. He hates being ignored.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home