POWER OF PUSSY: Questions for the author and my answers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Questions for the author and my answers

Q.Great review. A lot of very insightful thoughts. I guess what I would wonder is how her family felt about having her sex life published in a book? I understand 60 is old enough to do what you want and I only wish I could be so bold about it. Sounds like the book is a winner for women everywhere!!!!!!!!

A. My family won't even acknowlege the book.
Does that surprise you? Even my grand daughter who
wrote the poem in the book has trouble with the product
surrounding her precious writing. I don't care. They've
always thought their mother (speaking of my two daughters)
was outrageous. I just say what I think.

Sex, the driving force of life, has to be so secret! WHY?


Q. First of all, I'm sure that I would never be able to write such a book, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't read it. In fact, it's quite the opposite, I'm sure it is a really nice book, but what I meant is that, unless I change a bit later on, I'd be too shy to write this, but reading it is perfect lol.

A. It is not a nice book.
It's a thought-provoking, provocative, pain-laden
rendition of one woman's perspecitive on numerous
sex acts and various other funny stuff.
If you think about it, we're just animals trying to procreate
without eating/killing our mates.
Sometimes, there's some magic & feels really good for
about two seconds.

Q. Hi, I have to admit that the title and cover of the book intimidates me a bit! That doesn't mean that I wouldn't read your book. I think you are talking about the control women can have over men with their indoor plumbing!

A. No, it's not about control of man & his penis.
It's about figuring out what's right
for you. When you can do that, the
sex flows freely. Well, it should.
Should...I HATE THAT WORD. It
doesn't compute. Should doesn't solve
anything. "I should be 30 & as smart
at that age as I think I am now."

Should can be a criticism, as I tend to use it myself
in regards to "what I should do."
" I should have left Peter before I did."
Not necessarily true



Q. When did you first decide to submit your work? Please tell me what or who made you make this big step?

A. I decided to write this book when I deemed that I might be insane.
When I compiled my revelations, I ranted and raved to my friends.
They were the worst....what could I possibly know about a shitty
relationship & how it might have something to do with them ????
COME ON !!! We've all had confusion, denial, ectstasy (or what
we thought was wonderful at the time....actually, it wasn't), AND
DISAPPOINTMENT. You are lying to yourself if you do not admit
to the above. Half of solving dilemmas is acknowledgement.

Thus, this incredible admittance of idiocy on my part is all out
there in black & white & red. Absolutely anyone who reads it, REALLY
reads it, will take something away to apply to enrich their lives.
Or change their lives, if that's what is wanted. Usually it isn't.
Women just want to bitch. And men. Well, men just want.....you know.

Q. What would you like to tell your readers?

A. Readers: Just read it. Answer the questions, that I asked myself that
I couldn't deal with. Answer for yourself. Anyone who wants to question anything,
I would love to communicate with. We'd have a ball. If you don't laugh at
most of your "stuff," you will be miserable.



Q. What is the best advice you ever received?

A. Leave Peter.

Q. What is the worst?

A. Leave Peter.
If I had listened to myself and gotten out in time...before I thought it was
love, there wouldn't even be a book.

Another question from a reader........and my answer

From my reader:
I have read your book and I really enjoyed it. It pointed out a few things to me that I did to work on.
It's kinda funny...my daughters ask me if they could read your book. I told the eighteen year old yes, but I hesitated to tell my fifteen year old it was ok. Then I thought back to the book itself and I told her sure you can. What do you think? Do you have any objection to a fifteen year old reading your book ?

My answer is:
No, absolutely not.
She should read it !
This may be the first book she reads to address the first
time a young girl has sex and how to tell her
what it means. It's going to hurt and you
must stress that SHE WILL NOT BE IN LOVE.

My book is lovingly, respectfully dedicated to my dear grand daughters and all young girls.............................

I hope their copy gets as tattered as mine is from reading and rereading it.

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM , Blogger AuthorIsland.com said...

This is the ulimate red hat moment - when you say, I'm old enough that I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm going to be open about my thoughts and actions!

You go girl!

Talk about being totally free as an author!

DeNita
AuthorIsland.com

 
At June 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM , Blogger lilypad98010 said...

I loved your response on "The Power of Pussy" not being a nice book.
Soooooo true!
Mical

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home