POWER OF PUSSY: Quote of the Day

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quote of the Day

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living. Growth demands a temporary surrender of security."– Gail Sheehy


About Gail Sheehy
American author Gail Sheehy became an overnight success with her best-selling book Passages, about the stages people pass through as adults, from the ""trying 20s"" to the ""refreshed 50s.""

She was born in 1937 in New York. In books and in her Vanity Fair articles, Sheehy has written portraits of such public figures as Hillary Clinton, George Bush, and Mikhail Gorbachev. Her book Middletown, America is about the impact of 9/11 on a New Jersey town. She is now a frequent lecturer on women's health issues and is writing a new book on family caregiving (to be released in 2009).

Every woman my age (63) knows about Gail Sheehy - what I can't believe is that she is still at it.
She is older than me !!!! I did not know this and I did not know how much older she was or if I did I had forgotten. I might have to take the time to reread Passages-thoughts anyone ?

Books of hers you have read ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home