POWER OF PUSSY: Is this the norm for children today ?

Monday, March 9, 2009

Is this the norm for children today ?

I was out in my front yard this morning doing a general clean - up preparing for spring.
We have had a couple of beautiful spring days and I have to get out there before it gets so hot I can't breathe.

A young boy and his grandmother went by - him on a tricycle and her walking behind him.
I will never understand why people think the street is a playground but it gets stranger.........
The boy stopped peddling his tricycle and asked his grandmother TO PUSH HIM ????

Have children changed this much?
Is this the norm for today ??

I could not believe it. I and my friends at that age wanted and craved the independence of going out on our own.

Granted that was a million years ago but still...........I am disheartened.

Much to her credit, his Grandmother refused to push him.

2 Comments:

At March 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Chesh said...

I have two beautiful kids and they love their grandma very much, but so much nowadays, Grandparents are raising their grandchildren because of kids lack of responsibility. My parents have a right to their own life, though I love that they want me and my family involved. I think as a whole, kids are not taught respect anymore. I see it time and time again. It's dishearting. I will tell you that. I know my kids would never be that disrespectful.

 
At March 10, 2009 at 12:58 PM , Blogger SANDY PATSY said...

Ruby !
Thank you for your comment !!!
I got shivers reading it.
I have heard that same thing from a friend of mine that adds.
Kids do not care about anything - the state of the world etc.
Maybe it is too overwhelming - we had it good, that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home